23-24 July 2009
At the IX ISQOLS Conference in Florence, Quality of Life Studies
will be seen in terms of Measures and Goals for the Progress of
Societies. In this perspective, we would like that the following key
questions could guide the discussion and find an answer at the
1. Can we measure progress without identifying some goal or target toward which we are aiming?
2. How can we measure progress in terms of community and environmental well-being, instead of economic growth?
3. What models can be used to help integrate the ideas, aims, energy and work of technical and non-technical people in the pursuit of progress?
4. What models can be used to help integrate the work of large and small local communities with provinces/states, regions and countries?
5. How can the wealthiest countries and citizens be most helpful to less wealthy countries and citizens?
The IX ISQOLS Conference in Florence is one of the key-events in the ambit of the OECD Global Project "Measuring the Progress of Societies" in view of the III OECD World Forum that will be held in late 2009 in Korea. In the ambit of the Global Project, ISQOLS is "associate organization".Concept note: download here
Retourner à la liste <<<<<